Wednesday, September 1, 2010

London, Here I Come!

Hello all!

The day has FINALLY arrived. After weeks of avoiding packing my suitcases and actually believing I could have signed myself up to do this, I have come to the startling realization I am leaving the country for four months to a city I have never been to. These last few days have been the most stressful that I can remember, maybe even more stressful than the days before I left for college.

I was sitting outside last night trying to remember the emotions that came over me the last few nights of being home before I left for American University. The truth is, I can remember some of the fear but the happiness that D.C. has brought me has wiped out all recollection of the genuine stress I felt as I packed up my mother's car to hop onto the highway to college. Hopefully London will do the same thing, and by the time I'm leaving for Australia I won't be near this stressed.

All in all, I'm now becoming excited and happy that I'm leaving. The first few days are going to be pure insanity, but hey, what's life without a little chaos? All the advise I can give to the people who want to study abroad next semester is PACK EARLY!!! Make lists of everything you need, because now I'm afraid I'm going to forget something super important and start hyperventilating when I'm above the Atlantic Ocean.

Shout out to all of my D.C. loves! I miss you all and I will talk to you as much as I can when I'm in London. I'll be thinking of you on the plane! ( RUSH AKPSi!! ) Woot!

I will write as soon as I can!

Love Love Love,

Miriam