Sunday, September 26, 2010

I don't have any socks left...

Because I haven't written in SO long, you all must think that I've been having the time of my life and have TONS to share with you. Well, the sad fact is I sat on my butt from Wednesday to Friday and literally did nothing. Pathetic, I know, but it was a much needed break from traveling everywhere and I really needed to not go crazy for a while.

However, this weekend changed all of that. I went to a club friday night called Fabric. It was a cool name and some people in the house were raving about it so I figured I'd put on my party outfit and join the crowd. Overall, it was a good time but it wasn't a club- it was a rave. It was mostly guys and from what I could tell they were all on hallucinogenic drugs and dancing like cave men... We found a room though that was alright and we danced for a few hours. By 2:30 I was exhausted and I thought I was bleeding from my ears because the room was SO loud.




Last night was wayyyy more fun. We went to a club in Picadilly Circus called On Anon. It was 7 floors with different music on each floor along with a different theme. Drinks were INSANELY pricey (Jagerbombs 5 pounds, Magners 5 pounds, Double Mixed Drink 8 pounds) and it cost 10 pounds to get in but I figured it was going to be my last night out in London for a while so I might as well enjoy it. I met quite a few British guys that were all pretty nice. One of them was sweet but kept saying how Americans just don't listen to international news and they don't really care about the outside world and went on about our political system. I just told him that not all americans are like that and I didn't come to a club to talk politics, I came to drink and dance with my friends. 




That is the one thing I seriously cannot stand about English people. They always rag on America. Now listen, I understand that a lot of Americans have a very nationalistic view of the country. That's to be expected because it's our culture. British and European people don't understand why everyone wears American flag pins and hangs a flag in their yard because if you do anything like that here it's basically a war cry. That's what caused the two world wars- nationalism. So, it's expected here that you are proud of your country but you don't need to shove it in everyone's face. Not only that  but don't call all Americans dumb. When we met the Cockney guys at the pub a few weeks ago one of them was drunk and told us the Jews caused September 11th. REALLY? really.

Anyway, other than that, the club/bar was a ton of fun but I didn't go to sleep until 5 in the morning and I woke up at 2 PM. I now have to spend the rest of my day actually doing homework which is SUPER LAME. I also have to do laundry because I am completely out of socks.