Sunday, October 24, 2010

Heres to pizza bigger than our heads, but smaller than our hearts!

CIAO BELLA!

I am in Roma, and I have a little over 7 minutes left on my internet time so I can briefly write whats been going down. I cant find the apostrophe so forgive my grammar.

We got to Roma at midnight after a 38,975 hour delay at the airport and our taxi driver repeatedly told us our hotel was far. The entire country of France is on strike because the retirement age increased from 62 to 67, so we couldnt use their airspace. Suck it up France. You get 8 weeks of vacation a year. Anyway, our hotel is kind of in the ghetto, but hey, Ive been to Russia so I can handle it. Plus we have a four star hotel room with a jacuzzi bath. Who could ask for more?

Yesterday we literally conquered Rome. We went to the Colloseum, The Trevi Fountain, The Spanish Steps, The 5th Avenue of Roma, and the Piazza Navona. The food is incredible and I am thankful I didnt choose to study here or else I would come home 50 pounds heavier.

The sights are amazing. I mean, Ive seen Rome in the movies so it kind of feels like Ive already been here, but at the same time it really makes me feel like Im in Europe. London doesnt compare to Rome in historial value. Rome literally throws it in your face on every street that it is an ancient city and London is much more modernized.

Today we walked around, got pretty lost and then ended up where we wanted. The streets are adorable and the entire city SCREAMS romance.

Okay I have 60 seconds before I am kicked off of this computer.

I will hopefully post when Im in Greece.

SALUTE! (Cheers in Italian)

Miriam

p.s. I have already taken over 200 pictures and I have only been in Rome 2 days. Get ready for a picture overload when Im back in London!