Wednesday, October 27, 2010

4 Wheelers in Mykonos

This morning, after getting 12 hours of much needed sleep, Genna and I decided to go exploring. We walked for a total of about 3 minutes before I saw a place that rented vespas, mopeds, motorcycles, and 4 wheelers. I immediately knew that I wanted to rent one.

Apparently, you can drive a 4 wheeler here if you're over the age of 12, and after much convicing I got Genna to agree to get it. It literally cost 10 euros to get it for the entire day. If for some unknown reason, you find yourself in Mykonos, you absolutely HAVE to rent one. I have never been so happy in my entire life.

We have been driving around all day enjoying the scenery in our tank tops and shorts, getting some sun and eating greek food and thanking ourselves for choosing to vacation here. I know that I'll be back, someday, when I'm rich and can afford to vacation here.

After talking to the guy who rented us the 4 wheeler, I decided on what we're doing tomorrow. Apparently the island of Delos is a half hour ferry ride away and we can conquer the island in a few hours so that's what we'll be doing tomorrow. There are supposed to be some great ancient ruins and it'll be a good time and I can say that I went island hopping in Greece. HOW COOL IS THAT???

I don't have the time to post about Rome right now, because we are going to go back out and explore, but I promise I will. The only problem is I think I love Mykonos more than Roma and I would rather go on and on about the cute houses and churches and people on motorcycles and all the fun I'm having here :)

I'll post soon!

Love,

Miriam