Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hampton Court and Autumn in England

Hello my lovely readers,

I am, once again, stuck in the dungeon of Manson Place waiting for the 2 laundry machines for 1000 people to be free so I can do my loads of laundry before leaving the frigid cold city of London for the sunny and warm cities of Rome and Mykonos. Lucky for you, I have time to tell you about my adventures yesterday.

Anyone who is in the London area for an extended period of time should DEFINITELY go to Hampton Court Palace. It is south of London in a sweet little town and the palace is gorgeous.

The Palace


Although there is a whole lot of history associated with the palace, the main reason I went was to see King Henry VIII's apartments and what the it looked like during his time. I got to sit on his throne, see where he ate his meals, his kitchens, and other various fun facts about his history (although I knew a ton about his life).

Genna, Emily, and I got to wear those very embarrassing headphones with an audio tour, but to be honest the audio tour was very helpful and described the different rooms well.

These are some of my favorite pictures I took


clock in one of the courtyards

in my throne, no big deal.

King Henry VIII's bedroom. Notice the dorky headphones.

In the King's kitchens in front of an actual fire.
 We were really excited about the fire part.
Me, Emily, Genna

Other than the palace, we went to the palace gardens which were really pretty.



The gardens are modeled exactly as to what they 
would have looked like hundreds of years ago. 
Pretty snazzy, eh?




Genna and myself in front of the golden gates of the gardens.



This is the only tree that has shown any sign that autumn has arrived in England. Shocking, considering its already the end of October. There are no pumpkin patches or apple picking fields or, most importantly, ANY pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks.

We did have fun with the fallen leaves though...

Emily and Genna

Alright, that's all for now!

WAIT. EXCEPT...

I got accepted at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia! It is official that I will be living there next semester. I am beyond excited!!!! Although, I'm not very excited for all of the paperwork and forms and whatnot to be able to go to the country. Oh well, I know it'll be worth it.

Cheers!

Miriam