Monday, December 25, 2006

Pavlina's Pregnancy Journal - Month 6


Month 6

Another doctor’s visit. Since my last experience with the midwife I was glad that every future visit I’m going to see a doctor. Don’t get me wrong, I do believe midwifes are well educated and experience professionals but for some reason I found myself feeling ‘safer’ by talking to a doctor. This time there’re no tests. Basically your doctor check your blood pressure, listens your baby’s heart beating and ask you if you have any problems or generally how you feel.
I’ve chosen a public hospital, instead of private (mainly for financial reason). That means you can’t choose your doctor, so most likely you have a different doctor on every visit.
So far I had a good experience, as both my doctors were very nice and thorough. The only annoying thing I found is, that they don’t read your file beforehand; they read it in front of you and if you had some medical problems in your past, they ask you the same questions every time and you have to explain everything again and again.

Having crazy dreams every night. Don’t think I rest at all as my dreams are keeping me pretty busy all night. It’s all kind of dreams. In the beginning they were mostly erotic dreams. (Like it wasn’t enough that I can’t stop thinking about sex during day). These dreams feel fantastic! The erotic fantasy life of a pregnant woman has no boundaries. They’re not ordinary, they are nothing like a romantic flirt from 17th century. They’re about the actual sex act and they feel like they REALLY happened when you wake up. In those dreams I had ‘affairs’ not just with my husband, but also with several different women, friends, colleagues, neighbors or total strangers.
I’m also having ‘normal life’ dreams about traveling, playing sports, partying, etc. They’re sometimes totally crazy, or totally real or sometimes so upsetting that I wake up crying.
Oh my…and I still have 4 months to go….
I've been online shopping again at Sweet Lilly Maternity and have found more gorgeous maternity clothes and maternity jeans. The maternity jeans didn't fit quite so well as I had hoped so I returned them for the smaller size and they now fit perfect. I also bought some great maternity nursing bras and lingerie (to go with my erotic dreams!) and some lovely maternity dresses for work.

Prenatal Tests Week 21-24:
Blood pressure