Monday, December 25, 2006


Month 4

I’m not as sick any more. My husband showed me he can cope more than well…has been very patient, learnt to ignore my moodiness, always stops (immediately) when I need to wee (about every 20 min) and always makes sure I get lots of food (at least every hour), to avoid any breakdowns.
I can’t fit in my clothes any more…first crisis…went shopping, looking like I’ve grown beer belly but keep forgetting it and asking for size 6 even though I can’t fit into size 8 any more.
Feeling down just walking into maternity clothes shops… Decided to shop online.
Found a very good web site called Sweet Lilly Maternity (http://sweetlillymaternity.com.au), offering not only very trendy maternity clothes but also baby clothes and cosmetics (something I’ll need in near future..).

Another message for all pregnant women!! Do not hesitate to spoil yourself. This is the time of your life when you need it most. Go to a hairdresser; buy new shoes, go to see a concert, have your facial done, and BUY NEW MATERNITY CLOTHES!
Trust me you’ll feel fantastic for at least half an hour every time after you bought something for yourself. Feels like nice food on empty stomach (at least for me who eats a lot)

Prenatal Tests - Week 13-16:
Amniocentesis
- It’s a test that determines whether your baby has genetic or chromosomal abnormalities, such a Down syndrome
- Firstly the doctor uses ultrasound to pinpoint a pocket of amniotic fluid a safe distance from both the baby and the placenta
- The doctor takes a sample of your amniotic fluid by inserting a long, thin needle through your abdominal wall and into the sac of fluid around your baby; withdrawing the fluid should take less then 30 seconds
- There is a slight risk of miscarriage