Monday, December 25, 2006

Month 1

It started with a pregnancy test, actually 4 tests to be more accurate, as I couldn’t believe the first one. I was at work at that time and I was so shocked that without thinking I immediately called my husband to tell him the news. He went silent (and I think he couldn’t believe either). !! That’s a warning for all romantic women with (normally romantic but) shocked husbands!! Don’t expect them to jump up and down with joy and excitement. They won’t react like that. It’s not because they wouldn’t want the baby, but just simply, because they are suddenly ‘overwhelmed’ by fear.
A few days later, when the results were confirmed, he said “Yikes!” (And that was it; but I knew it was his words of acceptance).

Unfortunately I wasn’t amongst the lucky women who go through their pregnancies without being sick. It hit me from the beginning; just couldn’t understand why they call it ‘morning sickness’ as I was sick constantly all day…

Prenatal Tests Week 1-4:
Pregnancy test (or 4)



Looking for maternity clothing? Sweet Lilly Maternity is Australia's premier online shopping site for stylish, edgy maternity clothes, stocking the worlds best of maternity tops, maternity pants, maternity evening wear, maternity party dresses, maternity lingerie, best fitting maternity jeans and a refreshing collection of breastfeeding tops and nursing dresses.