Thursday, November 4, 2010

The BEAUTIFUL Island of Mykonos, Greece

Alright, I have time to post about Mykonos and not much happened so it'll be quick.

I already talked about Tuesday, the worst day of my life while traveling to Mykonos. When we got there, it was absolutely stunning. I can't describe to you how cute the island was. We were so unbelievably exhausted that we just fell asleep and decided we'd go exploring the next day.

We woke up Wednesday to sunshine and WARM WEATHER! I got to wear a tube top and shorts and couldn't have been happier about it. Before we had left London I was wearing a heavy winter jacket, a scarf, and gloves. To feel the sun on my skin was worth the trip.

At breakfast, I decided to try Greek coffee- I definitely prefer american drip coffee. Our waiter told me not to order it but I wanted to try it. The waiter kept checking to see my reaction while drinking it, but I couldn't give him the pleasure of being right so I pretended it was delicious.

After walking about 50 feet, I saw a place that rented 4 wheelers. At that moment I just knew. Genna kept refusing to rent it, but at a price of 10 euros for the whole day, HOW COULD WE SAY NO!?



This is the video we took while on the 4 wheeler. It's hysterical.

The beach!

View from our hotel room

Picture I took while on the ATV (4 Wheeler)

Thursday we were going to go to Delos, and island right next to Mykonos with ancient Greek ruins, but it was pouring rain, cold, and windy so we slept in. We decided to spend the day walking around the tiny, twisting roads and spent a lot of money.

Friday gave us more bad weather so we just walked around, hung out, napped, and started packing. It was frustrating for us to not be able to explore as much as we wanted but in all honesty we were exhausted from Rome. We literally walked around the ENTIRE city, so sleeping in and hanging out was perfect. The whole island was empty because tourist season was over, so there wasn't much partying going on. Drinks were WAY over priced too. We went to one bar were a beer was 6 euros and a mixed drink was 8 euros. Instead, we bought a LOT of wine from a grocery store and spent the night laughing hysterically and swapping stories from high school and college.


Our hotel room!


Near the port, where a lot of the bars are

What all of the streets in Mykonostown looked like. Somehow we didn't get lost.

The people in Greece were just as nice as the Italians. The hotel staff was super nice and so were the people we met. Overall, the vacation was amazing- but it wasn't over yet. Saturday we spent a few hours in Athens which was AWESOME!

(see next post)

=)