Thursday, December 30, 2010

End of the Year List !

Hello All -


I'm safe and sound back in New York. I got home on the 22nd, three days later then planned. It's been quite chaotic being back, a rough landing if you will, but everything seems to be settling into place. 


Today is New Years Eve and as such I found this cute list and decided to answer the questions. It was a way for me to reflect on the past year and get excited for what's to come in 2011.


Cheers!


1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?

I did a ton of stuff in 2010 that I had never done before. Living in another country is probably the biggest.

2. Did anyone close to you die?


Yes. My Aunt Dorothy died in March of this year. RIP<3

3. What countries did you visit?.

England, Scotland, Ireland, Italy, Greece, and France

4. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

More confidence in myself and my ability to be on my own without needing someone to lean on. I pride myself on being independent, but I rely on a few people a lot. I would also like a broader perspective of my life and the world in general- that'll be the next chapter of arriving into adulthood.

5. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

The flight from New York JFK to London Heathrow. It was one of the scariest moments (hours) of my life. Leaving my mother at the gate brought me to tears and in that moment I realized that I was on my own, flying to a country I had never been before, and pure terror raced through every cell in my body. I see now that it was my first time truly "leaving the nest" and becoming more independent then I had ever been.

6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Other than studying in London, was probably working at McGladrey and being in talks with them for a job after graduation. I have worked so hard to get where I am right now and finding out that they wanted me back was one of the happiest moments all year. Plus, I got to jump up and down like a total dork with my best friend in the whole world, Diana.

7. Where did most of your money go?

Traveling throughout Europe.

8. What song will always remind you of 2010?

Lights by All Out
Push Push by Kat Deluna

F*** You by Cee Lo Green (LONDON REPRESENT!!)

9. Did you fall in love in 2010?

Lets just say that I found something I wasn't expecting, and it changed me. Most of the time I think it changed me for the better.

10. What was your favorite TV program?

My two new discoveries were Modern Family and 24.

11. What was your favourite film of this year?


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. DUH.

12. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I was in London on my birthday and I turned 20. We started out the morning by having a huge snowball fight IN the house. That was my first birthday present- a snow ball in the face. We all went to Hyde Park later on and had a real snowball fight (you can see those pictures on facebook). Genna and Ruth then took me to Harrods for my birthday and I got a triple chocolate fondu at the Chocolate Bar. It was DELICIOUS!

13. What kept you sane?

Talking on Skype and Google Talk with my mom, dad, Diana, and Cory while being abroad.

14. What political issue stirred you the most?

Ugh. Obama losing his balls. And Sarah Palin's existence.

15. Who did you miss the most?

My family and friends while being in London. Also, my deceased grandparents. I kept wishing they were still alive to talk to and show them how well I'm doing. I hope I'm still making them proud even though they aren't around anymore.

16. Who was the best new person you met?

Genna Bellezza. We lived together in London and traveled in Italy and Greece together. I love you Genna! There were other people that were also great that I met this year, including my little CHRIS, new AKPSI brothers, and some of the people I met while abroad (Phil, Alan, John, Alyssia, Emily to name a few).

17. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

There is a great big world out there that is just waiting to be discovered. It's up to you to walk out your door and go explore it.


All relationships are different. Meeting and dating someone knew makes you more aware of yourself as a person and there are a lot of lessons to be learned in that arena. 


With the passing of two of my professors, I was taught that life is really short and that people can easily disappear from your life. It's important to be thankful for what you have. You don't know what you got 'till it's gone.

18. Tell us a quote that best fits the year 2010 for you

I have two.

You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where you go – Dr. Suess


After all these years, I am still involved in the process of self discovery. It’s better to explore life and make mistakes than to play it safe. Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life – Sophia Loren


19. What are you most excited for in 2011?

Studying abroad in Brisbane, Australia, going back to McGladrey, and SENIOR YEAR OF COLLEGE.

20. Say one of your New Year's Resolutions!

Skydiving in New Zealand or in Australia. It's going to happen.




Happy New Year Everyone!