Sunday, April 17, 2011

Crikey, Mate

So, if you've seen my facebook pictures recently, it is obvious that I went to the Australia Zoo, otherwise known as the Steve Irwin zoo. I've had to decide on an Australian celebrity to write about in my Australian Popular Culture class and when I was at the zoo I really, really wanted to write about him.

However, writing about Steve Irwin is SO cliche I didn't think I could bring myself around to do it. I've been looking up random Australian celebrities and thinking of one that would have actual academic links I could research and the only ones that really popped out were Mel Gibson, Miranda Kerr, Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman, and Steve Irwin. If you think about it, who really wants to write a paper on all of those random actors and actresses who have to pose for the camera and give interviews where they refuse to talk about parts of their personal life?

I watched an interview on youtube of Steve Irwin and after the first 5 minutes I knew I had to write about him. He is SO unbelievably entertaining that I was hysterically laughing with my headphones in staring at my computer. It made me realize that we didn't appreciate him and what he did for the environment enough when he was alive. If you make it passed his vivacious personality, you can see passion. Passion for his family and for wildlife. This guy is truly amazing.

Here's the link to the interview. It was in 5 sections.






I hope you've fallen in love with him like I did after watching these videos.

CRICKEY!

Mimi